Sigma Bravo, A KBR company, is a leader in Defence Mission Planning System development and integration. Sigma Bravo uniquely integrates aviation mission planning environments, operational and engineering support, training, agile software development, and systems implementation, enhancing current Defence capabilities while designing the future military Mission Planning Environments.
Your new role
Represent Sigma Bravo in a professional manner and adhere to Sigma Bravo policies and practices as outlined in the Business Management System and Security documentation.
The Engineer is responsible for supporting the integration and operation of Mission Planning Systems (and associated tools), Currency Management and Scheduling Systems, and other mission planning related software in support of ADF aircraft, Land Range Safety environments and various network environments.
- Liaise with Force Element Group to establish specific user needs
- Develop data standardisation mechanisms for supported systems
- Conduct risk and safety assessments for supported systems
- Draft Design Changes for supported systems
- Adhoc technical investigation of MPS related technologies
- Assist software teams in development of software interfaces, requirements engineering and application of standards
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Sigma Bravo Engineering Management System;
- Assist in the implementation of technical aspects of the business management system;
- Development of technical documentation; and
- Workforce and other resource planning to meet technical requirements
Skills and qualifications
- Min 5-year experience Defence or Civil Aerospace
- Knowledge of aviation or safety related software certification
- Knowledge of Defence Airworthiness processes and certification
- Strong Systems Safety Engineering experience (MIL-STD-882 or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge in requirements elicitation, design, development, testing and release of production quality software
- Knowledge of Defence Aviation Mission Planning Systems
- Safety System/Program Experience
- Knowledge and Experience of Systems Engineering
- Development experience using agile methods
- Network Architecture familiarity
- Geospatial Data Knowledge
- Software programming and integration skills
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Data & Information (DO-200 and/or DO-201)
- Experience applying engineering standards to software systems (ISO 12207 or MIL-STD-498 and DO-178 or DO-278)
- Project and Contract Management experience
- Knowledge and experience of configuration management practices
- Knowledge and/or experience with security accreditation of ICT systems.