ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) is a leading Defence and Government integrated support and training solutions provider. KBR Australia has been engaged in working with Defence in Australia for over 20 years and has developed core competencies in systems engineering, systems and enterprise architecture, project management and integrated logistics support, to provide technical and management assistance to a wide range of defence projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will be responsible for providing ICT Engineering project support to CASG who are responsible for delivering the JEWsP Tranche 2 project for the Department of Defence. The JEWsP project comprises multiple tranches of work at different stages of the delivery life cycle.
The ICT Engineer will primarily provide technical and ICT engineering advice to the JEWsP Tranche 2 project but will also be requested on occasion to provide advice to the other Tranches. The role will require the individual to have the following skills in order to successfully deliver the desired outcomes:
- The ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholder entities including entities within Defence, national partners and international parties
- Documentation development for sustainment activities required to support the capability product into the future
- The translation of detailed product information into high level briefs suitable for executive decision making
- An understanding of code language and definitions in order to communication successfully with stakeholders
- Work with the existing team to successfully deliver the capability into an operational environment.
The JEWsP Tranche 2 project is nearing the end of the acquisition phase and will shortly enter the sustainment phase. The requirements necessary to sustain the software capability are still in the early stages of development and it will be the primary role of the ICT/Engineer to develop these elements. This includes how the capability software can be sustained as hardware and software operating platforms are upgraded throughout their life cycle. The sustainment phase will take several years to successfully achieve transition, but the success of the transition will be built upon the knowledge of the ICT/Engineer applying for this position.
You will have a minimum of eight years’ experience in similar role, as well as the following;
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience
- Software coding experience or a knowledge of coding language and definitions
- History of delivering ICT capability projects to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both software developers and executive team audiences
- An understanding of Network & Systems architecture at a high and low level
- Degree in ICT (preferred) or Engineering is essential
- An understanding of Electronic Warfare
- Defence experience (Uniformed, APS or Contractor)
- Capability Life Cycle experience (or whole of product life cycle) particularly sustainment
- Previous experience in transitioning software into sustainment
You must hold a current or reinstatable NV2 security clearance due to the nature of the position, TSPV or the ability to obtain it will be viewed upon favourably. Candidates who are not Australian citizens will not be considered.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH KBR
KBR is an equal employment opportunity provider and offers many benefits to its employees, including but not limited to:
- Mentoring and career development pathways
- Training and study assistance
- Supportive, family-friendly work environments
- Competitive remuneration with salary packaging options
- Company-paid income protection insurance
- Qantas Club Corporate Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- BUPA Corporate Health Plan
- BMW and Audi buyers advantages
- DELL purchasing program
Connect3i is an Australian veteran owned talent acquisition and human resources consultancy company. As a proud supporter of veteran employment we encourage applications from transitioning or ex defence members. For more information, including other job opportunities please visit www.connect3i.com.au