Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Their Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, they are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems are hiring experienced Project Document Writers looking for opportunities within the Commonwealth Government Defence sector based in Canberra. Candidates must be Australian citizens and applicants residing outside of Australia will not be considered.
The Document Writer will be responsible for providing the necessary compliance and supporting documentation for complex projects within Defence to achieve project outcomes and support the achievement of organisational objectives. An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle is required as well as the ability to accurately and efficiently provide required project documentation to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with stakeholders across Defence including ADF, APS and other contract staff
- Ability to actively engage with relevant stakeholders to identify any gaps, risks, or issues to the Project Manager that will impede on the deliverables being successfully executed;
- Recent relevant and demonstrated experience in drafting Defence capability development documentation - experience with DIIP and IC documentation
- Demonstrated Project management experience and expertise
- Experience and understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What they offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
Connect3i is an Australian veteran owned talent acquisition and workforce solutions consulting company and a proud supporter of veteran employment. We welcome applications from transitioning and ex defence members.