Systems and Communications Engineers
Fast track your career progression
Mid to Senior level roles
About our client "The future, designed and delivered"
KBR is a global provider of full lifecycle professional services, project delivery and technologies supporting the government and energy services markets. Their Integrated Support Solutions business combines project management, asset management, engineering and integrated logistics support to deliver holistic solutions for systems and capabilities across each of the ADF Domains. Together with their program partner Ernst and Young, the KBR/EY team is one of four Major Service Providers to CASG providing a wide range of professional services within each of the divisions.
As a consequence of exceptional growth within the MSP Program KBR are hiring Systems Engineering and Communications Engineering professionals experienced in guiding the development and management of engineering programs within the Defence Project environment.
Specific opportunities exist in Canberra and Adelaide servicing current projects within their intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and electronic warfare branch. The roles will support the acquisition and implementation of new, leading edge capabilities.
Successful candidates will have proven experience delivering systems engineering or communications systems support within Defence, possess deep knowledge of Defense engineering systems and principles, and demonstrate previous experience developing engineering planning and management documentation, particularly in support of projects in the early phases of the capability life cycle.
Working within composite teams of highly skilled professionals, these roles would suit engineers with significant understanding of aerospace, communications systems, and electronic war environments, highly developed stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to well within faced paced, team based projects.
The successful candidates will make a real difference by enabling a range of critical new capabilities that will empower our armed forces and provide true operational advantage.
Key attributes we are looking for
- Experienced in Systems Engineering practice using EIA-632/IEEE 15288 or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute Systems Engineering Management Plan,
- Hands-on experience in configuration management practice
- Working knowledge of ASDEFCON Contracting framework (above and/or below the line)
- Experience in risk management
- Ability to conduct Change Control Boards and Risk Management Meetings
- Experience in requirements management and use of DOORs
- Experience in Verification and Validation (V&V) planning and test execution.
- Experience in developing System Design and detail design documentation
- Experience in Systems Safety and developing and implementing safe ways of working and WHS plan
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualifications in a related engineering discipline, preferably Mechatronics or Mechanical
- Min 5+ years’ experience Specialty Engineering practice in a Defence Environment
- Degree qualifications in a related engineering discipline
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of operating characteristics of the ADF Aerospace, communications or electronic warfare environments
- Demonstrated expertise in stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Applicant must hold a current Australian Government Security Clearance at NV1 or higher