Our client provides a range of professional and managed services to the Australian Defence Force and other government agencies. They deliver to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
Our client needs three talented Cloud Systems Engineers to support the delivery of complex systems within Defence through the provision of Foundation Services (FS) Subject Matter Expertise (SME).
What you’ll be responsible for
- The Integration of Foundation Services technical services within the Defence services. Eg; authentication and access control, domain name, network time, and performance and cyber-security monitoring.
- Technical understanding of cloud native management and monitoring systems. Eg; the ability to establish and manage enrolments and subscriptions in Microsoft Azure, flow through access controls and permissions, and establish and manage centralised performance and commercial management and monitoring policies and technologies.
- Technical understanding of firewalls and cross domain solutions. Eg; conceptualising firewall rulesets that would support information flows, the purpose and employment of proxies, and the advantages and limitations of different security architectures.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Experience with Foundation Services and Capability (does not need to be as an ADF member but must be able to quickly learn, relate, apply and adapt to changes).
- Experience with design and/or operations of cloud or virtualised environments.
- Experience with design and/or operations of firewalls or cross domain solutions.
- Technical experience at a mid-senior level delivering Information and Communications Technology (ICT) systems to support software development and sustainment use cases.
- Technical support roles in technical delivery programs, especially managed services or software development.
- Small-scale project management experience.
- Tertiary undergraduate degree (must have).
- Tertiary postgraduate degree (desirable).
If you have got this as well it’s a bonus
- Understanding of Command and Control systems, strategic networks, tactical networks, gateways, bearers, identity and access management, API based architectures, iPaaS type technologies (e.g. Service Meshes) and ICT organisations within the ADF (fixed and deployed domains) in the Joint Force operational environments.
- Awareness of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Defence Security Principles Framework, Public Key Infrastructure, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), cyber security trends and cyber worthiness, architecture framework, Defence Strategic Framework, the Capability Life Cycle (CLC), development of Defence capability and systems.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, test and evaluation in development operations, ICT governance frameworks and maintenance and operations environments.
- Understanding of software development methodologies such as Agile and Dev Ops would be highly beneficial.
What’s on offer
- Permanent employment with an organisation and industry that continues to grow despite the current economic climate.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Genuine commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Purchased leave.
Non-negotiable security requirement
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or above. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.